Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Morning

I don't know why I never posted this before... It's based on Psalm 143:8: "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."

Morning

The sun peaks o’er the horizon
And paints its canvas sky
With brushstrokes new and perfect
Colors burst before my eyes
The birds awake to marvel
Then add their symphonies
The gentle breeze of course must join
And dances with the trees
With joy and such abandon
Creation greets the day
Welcoming the morning
Forgetting yesterday
Nothing’s as it was before
No, everything is new
As creation welcomes morning
It points me straight to You
The morning brings me word
Of Your unfailing love
Its newness a reflection
Of Your mercy from above
Oh Lord won’t You show me
Just where You’d have me go
In You I place my trust
To You I lift my soul
With what joy do I awaken
To join creation’s art
And find my yoke is shattered
As Your love satisfies my heart


Stephanie M. Frakes
(November 5, 2008)

No comments: