Wednesday, December 8, 2010

If it all Really Matters

If it all Really Matters

How quickly
Does my life start to feel
Like disaster
And I wonder if it all
Really matters
As much as I think
When my heart begins to sink
The moment
All my strivings seem
To fail
And fear sets in
And tears build up
And everything in me screams
I'll never be good enough

Who sets the scale?
Does it matter if I measure up?
To whose standards?
Theirs?
My own?
Could it be that there's
More than what I achieve
And what people think
Of me?
Something
That won't just be forgotten
Next year or next week
Can I let it be?
Can I learn to see
And receive the peace
Of strivings ceased?
Just allow my Beloved
To love me
And lead me
Find Security
In the glory
Of the power that drives me to my knees
Can I drop the pride
and simply cry
"Thank You!"
Because I've been set free
And His love goes beyond what I achieve
He freely works through me
In ways I can't conceive
Can I look at all the things
I do
And realize
It doesn't matter really.
Because Life is beyond me.
I am free indeed.

Stephanie M. Frakes
(November 17, 2010)

No comments: