Friday, November 30, 2012

Blast from the Past

I saw an old friend over Thanksgiving break.  I can't believe I hadn't seen him in something like five years, but he was gracious enough to brave the traffic and pick me up from DFW airport on Sunday.  Chivalry is not dead, ladies and gentleman! :)  Anyway, I guess seeing him again got me feeling a little nostalgic, so I find myself on this Friday evening flipping through some old recordings on iTunes from my songwriting days.  (Those of you who have only known me for the last few years may be shocked that I ever wrote songs!)  The truth is that I miss those days.  It actually breaks my heart a little that I don't write like I once did.  It really breaks my heart that I don't remember how to play any of those songs anymore!  I used to have dreams of making an album.  It would have been called "Beautiful Again..."  But seasons are seasons, and there is a time for everything under the sun, I suppose.  For now, I am content with my journal musings with God, a few poems here and there, and singing "Naughty Kitty Cat" to my kiddos at school.   Maybe the seasons will change again in the future.  Maybe not.  Nevertheless, here are a couple of those old songs for your enjoyment!

I am reminded of this fact as I traverse memory lane: the path we walk with God is a path of victory and redemption.  We move from glory to glory, and God is good.


Beautiful Soul
Stephanie Frakes
November 16, 2009

Sometimes the pain is more than she can hide
Sometimes the battle raged is more than she can fight
And she cries but no one hears her
Yeah, she cries, but she won’t let you see her

But He knows and the scars on her arms tear Him apart
He knows and He wants her to know she holds His heart
He loves the tortured, beautiful soul

She can’t explain this feeling here inside
She slipping away no matter how hard she tries
And she cries but no one hears her
Yeah, she cries but she won’t let you see her

And the tears smear the ink as she pours out herself
She’s down on her knees and she's crying for help
And He says…

I know and the scars on your arms tore me apart 
Now you’re whole, and I want you to know you hold my heart
I love, I love, I love you, my beautiful soul


Beautiful Again
Lyrics by: Stephanie Frakes and Jacob Wallace
Music by: Stephanie Frakes
July 11, 2009

Broken daughter, won’t you look into My eyes?
Broken daughter, can’t you see the blood of Christ?
It came to cleanse you, and to make you new again

Beautiful again, Beautiful
Like the stars in the sky shine through the darkest night
Beautifully for you, Beautiful
Look up and remember you're Mine

Broken daughter, won’t you stand here by My side?
Broken daughter, can’t you feel the love of Christ?
It came to heal you and to make you new again 

And even behind the clouds the stars still shine
And even when you doubt, darling, you’re still Mine

Look up and remember
You'll never be called broken
You are forever Mine



No comments: