Sunday, September 26, 2010

Forever Reign

I heard this song for the first time in church today. Truly it was one of those moments where my heart stopped. My journey for the last week and a half or so has been a lot of God teaching me that He is enough. Nothing in this world fulfills completely. Nothing. Not divine revelation, not scriptural truth, not blessed relationships, not a life of ministry. All of these things are wonderful and they are of God to be sure, but in and of themselves, they will never be enough to fully satisfy my soul. Only the presence of God can do that. Only spending time marveling at who He is and what He's done, listening to Him call me His beloved. Only He is enough. The Person of God. This is the importance of solitude. This is the only place where my spirit finds rest... wrapped in the arms of my Beloved. More on that later, but for now, enjoy these lyrics. If you're brave, check out the video. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

In His arms,
Stephanie

Forever Reign - from the album "A Beautiful Exchange" by Hillsong


You are good, You are good
When there's nothing good in me
You are love, You are love
On display for all to see
You are light, You are light
When the darkness closes in
You are hope, You are hope
You have covered all my sin

You are peace, You are peace
When my fear is crippling
You are true, You are true
Even in my wandering
You are joy, You are joy
You're the reason that I sing
You are life, You are life,
In You death has lost it's sting

Oh, I’m running to Your arms,
I’m running to Your arms
The riches of Your love
Will always be enough
Nothing compares to Your embrace
Light of the world forever reign

You are more, You are more
Than my words will ever say
You are Lord, You are Lord
All creation will proclaim
You are here, You are here
In Your presence I'm made whole
You are God, You are God
Of all else I'm letting go

My heart will sing
no other Name
Jesus, Jesus

No comments: