Saturday, September 25, 2010

Once Again

I'm making a new effort to start keeping up with this blog again (third time's the charm, right?). God's taking me on too much of a journey not to share it. The plan is you'll find a mixture of poetry, devotionals, and just thoughts stemming from the adventure I have embarked on with the Lover of my Soul. May you taste and see His goodness as you read the words He is writing on my heart.

And let's not make this one way. The greatest thing that could come of this is for God to begin showing you the adventure He's taking you on. Leave comments. Share your story. Start your own blog. I'm learning that there is something really powerful that happens as we share our stories. "We shall overcome by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimonies."

With His song in my heart,
Stephanie

Sweet Release

When I look in Your eyes

I’m overwhelmed by emotions

Words fail to describe

My heart stirs inside

My chest

It’s as if my heart was ice

And at Your touch

It melted

And became this flood of praise

Surging through my veins

Falling from my lips

Like rain

And then the tears came

To prove I’ve been healed

And some might say

I should refrain

And perhaps maintain

My dignity

But I ask them

What dignity?

For I knew not the meaning of the word

Until I heard

Your voice singing over me

As I sat at Your feet

And felt the sweet release

Of freedom

So I’ll break the neck of my alabaster jar

Because You broke the chains that held my heart

I owe You everything

So I’ll give You everything

That means anything

To me

I’ll let the fragrance of my offering

Rise

Because I love You

Rabbi

And Lover of my soul

Stephanie M. Frakes

(August 24, 2010)


No comments: