Sunday, March 27, 2011

Even Here

I was going through an old journal and I found this poem. I felt like it went pretty well with my last post. Enjoy!

Even Here

There is no silence
There is no music
There is only noise
Rushing and swirling
Like a raging sea
I can’t hear Your voice
I can’t feel Your touch
Are You even speaking?
Are You even reaching?
Are you even here?
It doesn’t take much
To make me feel like
All the joy and love I once felt
Is gone forever
It doesn’t take much
To make me feel like
This raucous noise
Will hide Your voice
Forever
But once again
I’m slowly realizing
Once again
As Your light shines
I’m finding
Even here in the madness
You’re my God
Even here in the raucous
You’re my Song
Even here in the chaos
That comes with this life
You’re here
And You’re reaching
You’re here
And You’re speaking
Even here.
Stephanie M. Frakes
(August 30, 2009)

No comments: