Friday, August 2, 2013

Five Minute Friday - Story

It's another Five Minute Friday.  This week's word is "Story."

GO

I love telling stories.  Like the time I ran into Beth Moore the day before I flew out on a mission trip to China.  Or the time my roommate and I drove six hours round trip in one evening to meet Ann Voskamp.  Or the way I was in a pit of anxiety and depression because I had graduated from college and had no idea what I was doing with my life and one morning woke up to an e-mail inviting me to apply for what would end up being the best job I could have asked for.

We sat for three hours yesterday and shared stories.  And grace was so evident.  And there are things in my life I've always thought I'd like to be different.  Ways that the world may not view me as successful.  Mistakes that I've made. But hindsight 20/20, I realize how I have seen the face of God in those times and I wouldn't change a thing.

So my goal these days is to practice seeing my story as it unfolds NOW.  Practicing Eucharisteo, this discipline of thanksgiving that ties itself so intimately to joy and grace, is teaching me to see what God is doing right this instant.  I pray that it will take me less and less time to see how all of these detail are valuable in a story that brings glory to God.  It's not always a fairy tale.  Sometimes it's not a book I would think to pick up myself, but it is good because God is good and I will white-knuckle grip to that.  God is good.  My story is now.

STOP

Five Minute Friday

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello sweet girl. Amazing post today!

E Adams Wright said...

I appreciate your post much. Sometimes it is in the sharing of our stories and hearing the stories of others that we recognize how grace filled and covered our lives are. Blessings to you. (Stopping by from Five Minute Friday).

Elizabeth said...

Seeing God at work in the here and now, purposefully living that way, would keep on minds constantly on our Lord.
Good post.