Friday, October 23, 2015

31 Days of Open Grace - Day 23

Not many words today because I'm still processing, and I feel like it's something that can change everything. I read this quote a year ago and it resonated deep, but here's the thing... I have been killing myself for months. I have been living into this need to make everything perfect and it has been driving me insane. At work. Within myself. In my relationship with my fiance. In my relationship with God. Perfectionism has been killing me. And there is one word that I think might set me free - Enjoy. It keeps coming up over and over. Enjoy God. Enjoy these months leading to your marriage. Enjoy the man you love and who loves you. Enjoy getting to do what you love. Enjoy those children. Just open your hands and enjoy. Stop trying to fix. Stop trying to find all the things that could go wrong. Just stop and enjoy. I'm tired of dying on the inside. I want to live. We'll see where this goes.

No comments: