Thursday, October 30, 2014

31 Days of Trusting Grace - Day 30 - When It Doesn't Get Any Easier

So.  Day 30.  Where has this month gone?  You know it's funny.  When I decided to take this on, I knew it would be a challenge.  I knew that I would have to be intentional about carving out time to sit and write.  But I thought it would get easier over time.  It hasn't.  And maybe some things aren't meant to get easier.  Maybe some things are meant to be a daily commitment.  Maybe some things are decisions we need to make over and over again.  Maybe there is some way that God is glorified when we are intentional, when we make sacrifices.  And maybe that's why some things don't get any easier.

On my second day of writing I posted a poem about sunrises, so I thought it might be appropriate on my second to last day of writing to post a poem about sunsets.  Enjoy.

Chasing Sunsets

It's the whole sky
Sending chills up and down the spine
The sun is hidden there somewhere behind
And I can't find
My breath
It's all I can do
To not take off running for You
Chasing sunsets

Shadows of clouds ablaze
And it fades
All too quickly
My eyes aren't wide enough to see
My hands aren't big enough to reach
But the soul
And the heart
They Know

And doesn't my heart burn
Within my chest?
Don't my lips form
This mysterious "yes"?
I'll drop it all for You
I'll stay here with You
I cannot see You
But all this artistry!
How can I miss you?
Why would I miss you?

Feet of my soul fly
Chasing sunsets
Blazing sky
And all I find
Is all I need
Is You.

Stephanie M.  Frakes

October 8, 2013


No comments: